Our Story

How it all started...

In 1897, a group of Baptists living north of the railroad tracks decided to join together to form their own church. Second Baptist Church, as it was originally called, was located on the southwest corner of First Street and North Main Street (where our West Lot parking is located today). Eleven years later, the church was renamed North Side Baptist Church. In 1917, NSBC moved across Main Street to our current location.

Expanding the vision...

Van N. Houser became our senior pastor in 1999, and under his leadership the church body has continued to grow both outwardly and inwardly. “Our church is a near match with the makeup of Parker County. We have the same diversity in our congregation among socioeconomic groups, and the same age ranges. We are a church for the entire family, from birth through great-grandparents, all under one roof.” – Pastor Van N. Houser

Where we are headed...

In 2004 our church embarked on a growth journey resulting in a new Children’s Building and Worship Center, as well as renovation of most areas of the campus. The final projects were completed in the summer of 2012 as NSBC celebrated its 115th birthday. Today we are finding new ways to serve our community and provide resources and hope to those who are in need. As we look toward celebrating 125 years of ministry, our thoughts are focused on ways we can multiply our impact for future generations to serve the north Weatherford communities.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 9:30 am and 11 am.